The growth of online communities has revolutionized quantitative research. A market research online community (also known as an MROC) is an online portal for a moderated discussion. Our approach is grounded in our commitment to maximizing the “insight value” of each participant/contributor. We do this by:
- Making it fun: the more our participants enjoy taking part, the better quality insight we receive back. We engage with all contributors (unlike some agencies that have policies to moderate every Nth comment).
- Keeping it familiar: our platform encourages interaction between community members – it feels similar to Facebook, so people feel comfortable and confident about jumping in, opening up and telling us more.
- Rewarding: we use creative incentives to reward the volume, quality, and creativity of responses (e.g. showcasing “comment of the week”).
- Getting clients involved: our platform allows our clients to log in and view – and to drop in comments to the discussion thread that the moderators can see (but participants cannot).
Not only do clients benefit from richer feedback, but it also helps build brand affinity too. Testaments to this are the petitions posted by members upset when an online community comes to an end!
We specialize in large-scale and time-pressured face to face market research projects. All our interviewers are fully trained to meet the exacting standards we set ourselves across the business.
Our face to face interviewing includes: in-store and exit interviewing, in-street, in-home, in-pub/bar or even at events. We use flexible interviewing teams across the country who are willing to work from 7 am to midnight, 7 days a week. Our face to face fieldwork services include:
- Hall Tests – These are a useful quantitative research methodology when we are looking to test reactions to products and concepts in a controlled environment. Many locations have cooking facilities which make them ideal for testing food, drink and other household products.
- Street and in-store interviews – These are suitable for short surveys amongst a broad range of housewives and shoppers. Also used to capture public perception in a specific geographic location.
- In-home interviews – Although relatively more expensive and time-consuming than other forms of interviewing, in-home allows us to engage and capture the views of people in their own home environments.
- Exit interviews – often used across retail, leisure and public services to capture data on usage /behavior, perceptions and satisfaction.
Technology has enhanced face-to-face interviewing as it has other quantitative research methods in recent years. By using mobile devices such as laptops, iPads, and XDAs, The data we receive from face-to-face surveys is continuously uploaded and quality checked, saving time and cost on printing, postage and data entry. We recommend using face-to-face interviewing when you want to target specific locations, and when we need to pick up on non-verbal cues or encourage a more detailed response.
The Owl Strategy is a specialist telephone survey market research agency – providing fast and cost-effective ad hoc and continuous telephone surveys for projects of all shapes and sizes. Our work includes both business and consumer surveys and uses the latest in Computer-Aided Telephone Interviewing (CATI).
With national and international capabilities and the skills and experience to tackle the most demanding interviewing (including business owners, high net worth individuals and special interest groups), our telephone services include:
- Senior-level project managers
- Full DP service
- Remote CATI script testing
- Remote validation facilities
- Digital recording of telephone calls
A telephone survey is one of the survey methods used in collecting data either from the general population or from a specific target population. Telephone numbers are utilized by trained interviewers to contact and gather information from possible respondents.
Unlike some telephone survey research companies and call centers, TOS only use dedicated researchers and our fieldwork operates to the highest fieldwork standards. Our executive CATI team are well educated and highly trained. Briefings play an important part in every project and there is close supervision of interviewers and their work throughout to ensure the highest quality standards.